newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Simple weekend delights.

This weekend has crept up quickly because of my super busy (supposed-to-be) last week of my internship. As it turns out, I will be staying in the position a little longer than anticipated, but that is for another post. The thing I am most excited for is that there will be an abundance of friends and visitors this weekend!

If (and when...) I have my way, we will be consuming a lot of this: going to one of these games:watching a little bit of this: (haha)
and going to see this movie!
(I've been listening to the soundtrack for the past few days to gear up for the movie...and because I love Regina Spektor's song "Us." If you want to hear it, click here.)

We will also be participating in the Raksha Walk for the Shreya R. Dixit Memorial Foundation on Saturday morning. If you are from the Twin Cities metro area and would like to participate, there is more info here, or you can call/text/facebook/chat with me about it and we can walk together! It is a wonderful foundation that a friend of mine, along with the Dixit family and friends, put together a few years ago. Raksha means "protection," and the walk is a campaign for distraction free driving.

Also, the journalist and philanthropist in me wants you to know that Minneapolis-St. Paul volunteers are leading the country in community service. MSP ranked No. 1 among larger metro areas in volunteerism for the third year in a row, according to a study by the federal Corporation for National and Community Service. One of the most impressive parts about this is that young people, ages 16-24, are the age bracket leading this trend. In other words, young volunteers and leaders in the cities are seriously amazing. I am also very proud to be a part of STLF, an organization that focuses on this age range, began on my college campus, and has successfully gone national. And, Abby - Portland followed MSP. :D

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.