newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Splashin'

We had a wonderful storm last week (and have had sporadic ones this week) and finally, Lake Georgia decided to actually hold some water. Lake Georgia happens to be what Hanna and I named the dip in the concrete that takes up a large chunk of the sidewalk in front of our house. (My friend V and I had named a similar, but larger area of the space in front of my childhood home River Georgia, so this is the scaled-down version.) Thankfully, it gathers a nice puddle of water after it pours for long enough. So, we obviously went out and played in the rain - one of my favorite activities. See last years pictures of this event here. :)

Jesus.
We got some wonderful looks from people walking by and running to get out of the rain. Joe pretended to splash a couple of well-dressed people who were most likely on a date. I put off a ton of work and spent time outside with my friends. We all helped to make a delicious dinner after we finished playing, drying off and changing into warmer clothes. It was a wonderful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.