newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Saturday, June 27, 2009

inspired by friends

The songs posted today have been inspired or shown to me by one of my friends. Word of mouth is definitely one of the best ways to learn about new music. Thankfully, I have really good friends who are also into new and interesting types of music, and we share finds all the time.

First, Travis! He is so wonderfully *tweeting* songs of the day, and this was one of them this week. His tweet to me: @janaetime my song of the day reminds of you! Hug/squeeze! :)
He is so wonderful. :)
Song: "Before I Knew" by Basia Bulat


Second is Meg - she has been loving St. Vincent since we were roommates, about 2.5 years ago, so whenever I need something fresh to listen to I would go to her myspace page and have a listen. Finally St. Vincent got a "big break" and appeared on the David Letterman Show this last Wednesday. (I also have a few songs by St. Vincent on the playlist I posted last week.)
Song: "Marrow" by St. Vincent


And finally, Hanna. She has inspired so many of my music choices over the last few years, and hopefully I have reciprocated. I love how easily our friendship is and I am so, so happy that I have been able to spend last summer and this summer as her roommate. This song is so simple, it's sweet.
Song: "Stick With Me Baby" by Robert Plant and Allison Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.