newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

you know those days?

You know those days that you try and try and call and email and try again to get someone to either answer your call or call you back or email you back or even acknowledge the fact that you are asking for something in a very nice, Midwestern manner while they are overtaken by the kindness and actually put off by it so they just hang up in your face? I've had a lot of those days.

And then there are the days when you wake up in a good mood and decide that TODAY IS THE DAY that I will not take no for an answer and we will get a housing site in my city because I am going to be responsible for 42 other people and myself in a strange city in less than a month and that is a pretty incredible responsibility and dang it, it's time to get this figured out.

A few days ago, someone asked me what I do everyday. Instead of going through the list of things I try to cram into each 24 hour period, and it can get long, I answered "cold call and hope to make it through to the next one."

That about sums it up.

p.s. I think we have housing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.