newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Friday, February 5, 2010

baking time.

So, I am rarely home in the evenings to make delicious dinners or to even make simple dinners and watch TV or chat with the roommates. Usually, I am on campus until about 8-10pm, so by the time I get home I've either eaten or don't want to make a big hoopla about what I'm going to fix. But! On Thursdays, I get home around 7. (I know, right?) Last night I took advantage of this and whipped up some delicious pizza and red velvet cupcakes. Yum.

I'm not that ambitious, so I started with a regular cheese pizza that I had in the freezer, added onions, green peppers, tomatoes, ground turkey (that I cooked separately), and more cheese (I live with people from Wisconsin) and let me tell you, it was incredible. Sure, I had been craving pizza for days, but seriously, this was so good that I wish I had leftovers.
Then I turned to the cupcakes! Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They are calling my name right now, and I know it will be hard to refuse them once I get home today. My roommates and I all "sampled" the batter, I managed to ruin a yellow shirt with it (I'm a messy baker and wouldn't have it any other way), and we were laughing and watching Grey's Anatomy together. It's been a long week so it was nice to have an hour just to sit and eat and share our lives. Have you done that lately? Because I think you should. It's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.