newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Monday, February 1, 2010

February.

February is such a blah month. You know what I mean? In January you started a whole new year and the freshness lasts until pretty much the end of the month. In February, that freshness is gone and responsibility is setting in. I think this is especially true as us college students enter into our third week of college and the homework and assignments start piling up and the instructors expect a little bit more of you and if you walk into class late, there is a penalty as opposed to that first time or two where it probably wasn't nearly as big of a deal.

It is also the time when you have to be hunkering down in real life, trying to find a job, finishing random applications, praying for a grant for your bus so something really cool can take place, and then right smack dab in the middle is Valentine's Day, which for some is a welcome relief and for others is a big looming day where if you just had a date a few days or weeks ahead of time, you don't know what you should do or wear or expect, and if you haven't had a date in a while, then you are thinking of what to do for yourself so you don't end up sitting at home alone or with your equally miserable roommates devouring ice cream tub after ice cream tub and watching "He's Just Not That Into You" for the twentieth time. (I mean, what? Not me or my friends, of course.)

I'm just kidding, but I did have a little chat with someone today about the effect February can have on a person, and it doesn't seem to have a very good one. This is going to be a busy, busy month. I am planning on baking pretty cupcakes to make it through. I've been craving the red velvet ones I made for new years, so they might just make a comeback. Or I may possibly try my hand at gluten-free cupcakes for my core. (If I can find a good recipe.)
Oh so pretty. (all cupcake images weheartit.com)

I also bought a couple new CDs yesterday and have made a few new mixes for friends. I promise they are more centered than any I usually put on here (which are mashes of whatever I happen to really like to listen to at that time.) I'm currently in a love relationship with making CDs. It calms me down when I get stressed. The only bad part about it, is that my computer yelled at me yesterday after I downloaded the two new ones. I am ENTIRELY out of space on my computer. This is not good. I deleted some things I could in order to get the music, but I need to back up my computer ASAP; it is scaring me every second it is on lately because of this fact. I'm going to have to invest in a new one sooner or later, but I was really hoping to get through this semester with the one I have now. We've been through so much, to so many countries and homes, crashing twice, battery dying a ridiculous amount of times, an entirely new keyboard. Come to think of it, this computer has been a major pain in my side. But I like it. So it stays for now.
Seen here.

I am pretty excited for this movie, though! There are way too many stars in it to not be at least a guilty pleasure.

Oh, February. Be nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.