newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

I spent New Years Eve practicing my Martha Stewart skills to pull off a last minute get together while patiently waiting for one of my best friends to get off of work. I think I rocked it, or as Martha would say, what I did was a "good thing." I made a couple homemade pizzas, mozzarella sticks, and Red Velvet cupcakes complete with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles (and I admit, the sprinkles were K's idea.) Other people brought the hard-to-resist chips and yummy desserts, including homemade fudge which I hadn't had the stomach for last night but have successfully eaten a few pieces of today. It is spectacular. I think my favorite part of the night was from about 1-3 am when the last people standing were sitting around a table sharing stories and laughing boisterously at incredibly odd things. I'll throw in a teaser: edible blueberry britches. I'm not sure anyone wants me to elaborate.

I've spent today eating one (three?) leftover cupcakes while watching endless episodes of Sex and the City (I will finish all of them before I go back to school), the movie Vicky Christina Barcelona, reading the book mentioned in the previous post, talking to a couple friends, and cleaning up from said party. All in all, it's been a wonderful, lazy New Years day. I am officially ready to embrace 2010 and all of the exciting, challenging, and crazy things that will happen - not the least of which includes my graduation from college.
Bring it on 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.