newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Thursday, December 31, 2009

big break.

"I'm coming up with big plans for break. And for 2010. Hope you are too."

This first line was what I had written exactly ten days ago and then never finished. It has been a busy, relaxing, encouraging break so far. I've gotten to hang out at home because of some relentless snow that created about a 5-foot-drift on one side of our house, hang out with my grandparents at their house, chat with my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law, have a 5th-grade-esque sleepover at one of my oldest friend's swanky place in the largest city in SD, baked and eaten more sweets than I can even recall at this point, read a book until 4 in the morning, then started another the very next day, sipped coffee from home and even gone a few days without caffeine (I'm not sure how I did it, either,) lounged at my 'second-home' with my 'second parents' and one of my favorite girls ever, wrapped and opened lots of presents, watched an impressive amount of movies, seen some really good friends, and wished my parents a happy and safe trip as they left me at home for the next few days with just my sister.

There are many more things too, I'm sure, but the main point is: I've been sleeping, reading, watching tv and dvds, and going when I've felt like going. I think I'll head to Mitchell for the rest of the day to do a little thrift shopping and pick up some groceries because I feel like cooking for friends tonight! I think this will be a relaxing New Years Eve, and for that I am thankful.

Now I am going to catch up on emails, check my grades, finish the first half of the book I'm reading (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows) and head out. Happy New Years Eve everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.