newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Help The Manly Minnesota Milers!

Here we are, disapproving of AIDS. (photo and caption taken from manlyminnesotamilers.org.)

Today, I'm doing something I've never done before - promoting really cool people I ACTUALLY KNOW (okay, I only legitimately know one of them, but I'm sure they are all wonderful people) and offering a little something something if you DONATE TO THEM. I'm serious.

I am calling out to all of you to help these manly men do their part to help fight AIDS in America. They are embarking on a cycling adventure, called the AIDS/LifeCycle which is a 7-day bike ride from June 6-12, 2010, culminating in 545 miles for each of them to bike.

Here's a little excerpt from their website:
"Our goal in attempting this feat, despite our incredible out-of-shapedness, is to convince a bunch of people to help us raise a grand total of 12,000 bucks for AIDS charity. If our calculations are correct, which they are, then that's about 8 bucks per mile."

Wade, the miler on the right in the photo above, is my friend and the person I donated to. (You have to pick one person on their team, but all of the money goes to the same cause.)

As a bonus, if you donate and leave me a comment or email me at janaetime AT yahoo DOT com (janaetime@yahoo.com) with your name/address, I will be sending you a thank you AND a CD full of amazing music, including a few of Wade's favorite songs. For real. Donate to them, I send you a letter and CD. Easy and awesome. Make me proud, friends and family.

Thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.