newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's bigger than hip hop.

If I had a song of the day, the one I am listing here would definitely be today's. I stumbled across it this morning and haven't stopped listening to it since! It is a mash-up of Dead Prez’s song “Hip Hop” and Grizzly Bear’s song “Two Weeks." The Hood Internet mashed it up here and call it "Two Weeks of Hip Hop."

Direct link to song here: http://thehood.raptorhideout.com/dead_prez_grizzly_bear.mp3

I actually saw Grizzly Bear at the Sasquatch Music Festival in 2007, but hadn't heard of Dead Prez until now. I am officially a fan, and will most likely be purchasing Dead Prez's new album in June.

I guess if nothing else, this blog is displaying that I listen to multiple genre's of music. :)

And now that I mentioned Sasquatch, here's two quick pictures from that May that I went to the Gorge near George, Washington.Life was so great then. It was my first summer after college. I was with some of my favorite boys and we just were there. There wasn't an agenda, wasn't anything actually. We were just enjoying the music. And life. And I wish I could go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.