newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Monday, September 21, 2009

Last Day of Summer

Today is the official last day of summer for 2009. Are you doing anything to celebrate it? I am incredibly excited for Fall. Autumn is definitely my favorite season of the year, and I can't wait to start being able to wear scarves (my favorite!) again and buy boots and drink chai tea and actually start getting into a routine with classes...hopefully.

These first few weeks of school have been crazy with classes, my sister getting sick and being quarantined to my room and care, preparing and attending STLF's annual event, getting assigned to a pay it forward tour core, meeting up with friends, finally working on my room, and just overall trying to stay afloat. My calendar on my Blackberry rings at me daily to alert me to some event or interview or plan or thing I need to do and it is starting to get a little wearing. (Especially since I happened to severely drop it the other day and now it is a little shook up and doing even odder things...) I took off the entire day Sunday to just do things for myself. Sadly, that meant simple things like taking out the trash and the stash of cardboard we had piled up in our house from move-in...which was 3 weeks ago now? Oops. I also finally settled down and unpacked a few things, got my room in order and filled my dresser with clothes. You know, all of those things that most people do right when they move in because they aren't doing a 16 hour day of volunteering or planning events or worrying about getting H1N1. I also slept in for the first time in a very, very long time. Sleep is wonderful. I think I'm going to try to do it a little more often.

This weekend I am heading to Fargo for a retreat for the cores of the upcoming pay it forward tours. While I should be focusing on the piles and piles of homework (especially for my law class) that I have, I am instead pouring over a map of the U.S. and trying to decide in what general areas we should stop for our tour. I'm crossing my fingers for one particular state, and really hope we can make it work to go there.

Ah! Such a crazy few weeks I have had! I am sure that all of you are equally as busy and would love to hear updates on your lives. I officially get internet installed at my house on September 24, so I will have a little more time to Fb, tweet, blog, overall be social-networking friendly after that. But for now, please enjoy the last day of summer. I saw someone on the bus this morning wearing Ugg boots and hoped that she was planning on doing something incredibly deserving of the footwear. I am going to wear my Birkenstock sandals until my feet get wayyy too cold to pull them off. Then I will retreat to moccasins or Toms and walk down the Mall area of campus in awe of the fact that Autumn really does love Maroon and Gold. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.