newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Monday, April 9, 2012

6 Things You Learn at 25

Today, for the very first time in my professional life, I "worked from home."

For many, this is a normal thing to do. This is not the case where I work, so it was definitely a special occasion. I was incredibly productive, doing those tedious tasks that are so easy to keep pushing aside when you are involved in the hustle and bustle of an office. I did, however, take a little break for this thought catalog article: 6 Things You Learn at 25

Pretend for a moment that I'm a year older. Or that the title says "24" because I'm going to comment on these.

1) You don't know everything.
Truth. A male friend of mine told me that the Kardashian sisters say "Bible" instead of truth. I feel like that's appropriate here.
2) Our generation is not (necessarily) better.
There are still so many people I've met who are racist, who stereotype others, who make me feel like less of a person because I am a woman. They are not my friends, but they are my peers. This is very unfortunate.
3) Your parents screwed you up.
I realized this past weekend that my mother has a lot of feelings toward particular inanimate objects. As in, she was very particular who she would let buy an instrument she had for sale. Hello, my life. It's even gotten to the point that my roommate has latched on to my ways. She told me that the lone tortilla left in the bag was "lonely" the other day. She speaks my language.
4) Expectations yield heartache.
I recently discovered this through work (get off my back about relationships, Aunt Carol.) When you are so passionate about something, you expect that passion and drive to magically rub off on others, even though email. It doesn't. Lesson learned. The other lesson? Sometimes you need to be the bigger person, even if the other individual is older and thinks they are wiser.
5) You and your friends are on different pages.
Dear world, I've been invited to nine weddings this year. That's a lot. Most of these people have no idea what I do day-to-day. I don't manufacture wedding gifts, that's for sure. However, I do love a good dance and on Wednesday of this week, I will have three bridesmaids dresses in my possession. Fashion show!
6) You're not alone.
Ya'll should probably get a roommate, though. Housing is expensive and laughing/napping/cooking with someone is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.