newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Books, I Love You

So, my plan for the summer was to read quite a few books. I stocked up on books at second hand stores. I borrowed a few from friends. I literally went into Barnes and Noble a couple of times a week for awhile there. And then I got busy. I would start a book and decide that classical literature wasn't what I wanted that week. I would start another and think that maybe I should try something that is more of an easy read. I actually brought a book to Boston and back without cracking open a single page. I think that while I love, love, love book stores, I just needed a little time to think through things myself and focus on my own story (I've been writing a lot on my own lately.)

BUT (there is always a but isn't there) but, yesterday I finally opened that same book that I had been carrying around and was fully taken in by the story. It is what I plan on reading this week as a "goodbye summer" capstone. I have a few other stories I will still work on throughout the school year, but I feel that this book, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, needs a little bit more of a dive into it than a casual read. That may just be me, but whatever it is, that's the plan.

I think you should check out this trailer, and I think I am going to have to go see this movie as soon as it comes out. Watch:

I saw the movie "Paris Je t'aime" on a bus in Belgium and, while I fell asleep halfway through (it was all in subtitles) I woke up at the end and it was definitely a story that I feel I would have enjoyed. Well, this is done by the same producer and is essentially a similar idea but in English and set in New York. It also has about a million amazing actors/actresses in it. Anyone up for going with me when it comes out?

(and p.s. the song in the trailer is 1901 by Phoenix. love love love! the Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix album was one of the "must haves" I purchased last week.)

1 comment:

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.