newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm a storyteller, that's what I do and love.


There are numerous, wonderful TED talks on their website, but this one caught my eye and ear today. I've been reading up on authors, their writing styles, why they write what they write, where they get their inspiration from, etc. It's just something I'm interested in. This woman, Elif Shafak, presents an incredible piece on the politics of fiction. If you have a little time, it's worth it.

Here are a few gems I especially liked from the talk:
"Everywhere I went I felt like my imagination was the only suitcase that I could carry with me."

"In the face of death and destruction our mundane differences evaporated and we all became one for a few hours."

"But don't you see? There is nothing in me that is not in everybody else and there is nothing in everybody else that is not in me."

"Identity politics divides us. Fiction connects."

Like what you heard? Watch more inspiring people giving riveting talks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.