newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Busy bee.

On this late Sunday night, I'm working on proofing a book for a fundraiser my company is holding next Saturday. It has been a busy weekend, full of family, friends, really good food and a little bout of sickness. Thankfully, I'm starting to feel better and will be heading to bed to rest up for the busy week ahead once I finish proofing this book!

Bear with me this week as I'll be working extra hours and have a lot of my free time already accounted for with friends, meetings, and a two-hour period where I'll be speaking to a group of teachers and parents. I've been given a lot more responsibility at work lately, and am expected to live up to what I said I could handle. This is really important to me, so I've been putting in extra time to make sure I'm on top of my game. It's fun having a job that constantly surprises and challenges you because then you see what you're made of and what you thrive on. I've been trying to remind myself that being busy means you're integral to what happens at work instead of getting stressed out because of all of the tasks I have yet to finish. It's a balancing act and sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough, but I know that I'm still new and need to get the world of full-time work down. It's only been two months; I have a lot of time to get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.