newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Absorbing.

"You're an absorber, Janae."

These words were spoken to me on Thursday, January 23rd. One week ago today. And I cannot get them out of my head.

I've never been described like this before, but it makes more sense to me than most descriptors. I am an absorber. I take it all in, then give you my opinion. Sometimes that opinion needs to be coerced, sometimes it's delivered brutally, and (admittedly) fewer times it comes out as a thoughtful phrase.

I am an absorber. I notice things. I look at things differently.

I think, when I was younger, I didn't let myself do this. I didn't relish it like the character trait it truly can be. It's fun getting older when it means you're understanding your own self, your own world, your experiences, better.

And it's even more fun to shake all of that up with one big decision.

More on that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.