newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Friday, November 18, 2011

Here you go, Joe.

You know how, when you are still in your early twenties and there are times when you really think you have it figured out and you're pretty cool and then the next moment you have no idea what you're doing? Yeah, that feeling? It's kind of hard to explain/deal with/etc. and I have no idea if this is typical across generations or not, but sometimes we 20-somethings think we have it all figured out when really we are just faking it until we make it.

Recently everyone who I've ever known/met/friended on Facebook is all of a sudden getting engaged/getting married/having a baby/getting a new puppy. Really? All at the same time? You see, I'm a maverick. I don't roll with the crowd, I forge my own path.

I also don't currently have a boyfriend/fiance/husband.

And my apartment is pet-free, not that I'd be good at dealing with a pet and it's needs anyway. My roommate and I are really not pet people. But we enjoy that you are, friends on Facebook! Sure looks cute!

All this is to say that I'm in that wonderful age of being incredibly happy for my friends, all while eating ice cream straight out of the container on my fabulously large couch next to my equally jaded roommate. We recently splurged on "Mud Pie" ice cream, which is basically heaven. Eaten with a spoon, straight out of the container is not sad, my friends. It is wise. We do not have a dishwasher you see; water is a valuable resource and washing dishes is not fun. We're environmentalists.

All this to say I'm off to another fabulous friends wedding this weekend! The person who is getting married is someone I truly could not be happier for. She deserves all of the good things in life, and I feel really special that I get to partake in the day. So, even though this sarcastic lady will not be attending with that "plus 1" box checked, I will be looking good in some new heels. Watch out world. (And please, catch me when I stumble. The shoes are pretty high.)

2 comments:

  1. Love this..and being your equally jaded roommate. Speaking of which..we are currently out of icecream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. You are absolutely wonderful. And another bonus for not marking an extra meal on that card you sent back to me? You more than likely wouldn't have been able to boogie woogie as much as you did that night. You made me smile [a lot] lot that day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.