newlogo6
NEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbgNEWbg

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

that was rough.

Last night I stayed up much later than normal studying for a big midterm that I just had. Well, okay, let's back up. First I didn't get home until 9:30pm because of my night class. Then, I was so ravenously hungry that I foraged through my odd, eclectic mix of foodstuffs to make something decent but quickly. I won't even go into the odd food combinations I've been working with, but let's just say that last week when I went to the grocery store I really should have come back with something more than soup and orange juice. The pickings are slim and since I'm me, I just throw a bunch of stuff I like into a pan or pot or something and pretend they all go together. This is not the point, though.

So, I get home and my roommate is starting a power hour. By himself. By pouring beer into a shot glass and taking a shot. He already has 2 beers down by the time I get my coat off and start for the kitchen. Let me remind you that yesterday was Monday. By the time I had actually cooked myself something to eat, we were blasting the tunes, dancing around the living room and laughing hysterically. Needless to say, I didn't start cramming for my test until about 11pm, staying up until about 2:30am and then waking up this morning at 6 (with the aid of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi youtubed from my phone. Seriously. I'm just getting cooler and cooler...)

Anyways, the test was awful. I had read almost everything that was assigned (just being real) and gone over all of my own notes and the notes online and none of that helped. My professor chose the most obscure references and people that had maybe been written or spoken about once and compiled them into essay questions and short answers. Every person that came out of the room looked defeated. Even when I talked to the super annoying man who knows everything (there's always one) he said "That was rough." That was rough, man. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

On a happy note: I am finished with all of my midterms and with my classes for the week. I get to go to a very happy place, Portland, Oregon, Thursday-Sunday to celebrate a really fabulous cousin's wedding. I can't wait!

p.s. I'm working on my poker face. We were trying to get the best ones last night and I just kept laughing. What do you think?
AND I've been dominating these nerds like they are going out of style. They are apple-coated-watermelon flavored and 100% delicious.
And by now you can probably tell my boss isn't at work today...so I took pictures of things like Nerds and blogged quick in between one doctor leaving and another coming in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Comments are definitely encouraged. Let's learn from one another.